Today I read something about the EU which I found to be “disturbing”. If I consider it soberly, well, there is no reason to be surprised. After all this European Union political zombie seems inefficient but, in my opinion, there is one thing which does very efficiently: take the political power of the democratic institutions of the member countries and transfer it to the EU comission and other non-elected entities which practically dictate the laws over the really important issues at EU level. This non-elected EU instutions do nothing more than to follow orders from their masters, disguised as market/science based decisions. If you do not believe just see here the quotes from old European Commision President Juncker, or about Angela Merkel ideal of the market conform democracy, they are quite open about it, it is in your face.
The system is legally perfect it seems impossible for one country to escape from it event to dissent without facing penalties from the rest of the block (see Greece debt crisis). So what can you do about this as citizen? First you have to understand that all the system here is based on trust and believe. There are some unwritten myths, I will name some:
- The state and the government are not perfect but they do what they believe is good for the majority of the people (it is for our own good)
- We live in a democracy where we can change policy by changing our government
- The mainstream media has a variety of political views, if we compare and read enough of it, we will get a realistic picture
I think these ones are the most important. Because if you come to the conclusion that these really are myths, and that the reality seems closer to the opposite, you can not sit down still and let things happen anymore, you get in a contradiction and it does not feel good. Most of us do not lack of intelligence to notice the truth. I think most of us deep down feel there is something wrong, but we do not want to face it, because we lack of courage to embrace the truth. But when we do it starts to get uncomfortable and even creepy for us.
From the listed myths above there are derived implications/myths
- You are only a good citizen/person when you comply with all the laws and mandates from government. Failing to do so makes you antisocial
- Our democratic system and value are the peak of human civilization any criticism is potentially antidemocratic
- To think that the corporate powers or non elected instutions conspire to achieve their own political goals by corrupting and influencing the political system is conspiracy theory.
- Any views and contents from non mainstream media is either conspiracy theory or far right or radical left. If you have dissenting views from mainstream media you are probably conspiracy theorist
So the first step to join the resistance is to review your beliefs… Change your beliefs, change your life. Change the beliefs of many people change our society. This leads us to the second step. Since the main problem is that most of the people believe in the “system”. If we want to change the beliefs of many, we have to spread the word, and try to show the people that they are being deceived, you may not convince anyone instantaniously, but the fact of showing that there are other views in the world has an influence itself.
The third step: non-compliance. We can not overtly defy the system without facing serious consequences. Here is when the guerrilla warfare tactics come to play. We can not beat the opponent in open conflict. We will be passive aggressive, and when authorities and law enforcement can take on us “of course” we comply with the law wearing masks for example. But when I go to refuel my car I am not wearing the mask when paying although it is mandatory. It seems ridiculous but every act to show non-compliance with injustice as small and trivial as it may seem has an impact on our fellow citizens. Every chance I get to convince people the problem is not really the virus, but the agendas which are being rolled out with the excuse of it. I try at least. Let us not deceive ourselves the martial law deployed in the world right now is about oppression and control and not about health. I will leave you with a quote
“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
Robert F. Kennedy